Friday, October 2, 2009

Amy's Awesome Sweet & Spicey Chili

This Chili came out SOOO TERRIFIC my boys decided on naming it. They both had a suggestion so we kept both and the name was born. I never follow a recipe, just kind of throw it together, but this one was absolutely wonderful, I had to write down what I did so that I could remember for next time. Here is the result. I have an AWESOME home made cornbread recipe as well, but need to get a copy from my mom, mine got erased! Will post that at a nother time!

Amy's Awesome Sweet & Spicey Chili

1lb. ground pork sausage
1lb. ground turkey
2 cans chili beans
1 can red beans
1 can diced tomatos
3 small cans tomato sauce
2 cans chopped green chilis
1 C. chopped onions
2 Tbs. chili powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
salt & pepper (generous sprinkle)
2 squares Bakers unsweetened chocolate
3/4 C. brown sugar

Brown meats and drain from all grease. Add to crock pot and begin adding all canned items and onions. Mix well then begin adding seasonings. Once chili has time to heat up, add the chocolat so it begins melting right away. Give 30 min. to melt then mix well; then add the sugar. The longer this simmers, the more the seasonings will blend. Adjust seasonings for your own liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment