Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Menu for Oct. 19th-24th

The rains have come and the desire to cook something warm and comforting for my family is overwhelming! But I can't serve them soup every night. During this time of year, soup is one of my favorite things to fix however; so I'll need to get creative and find some new soup recipes. I AM going to try one this week. It's Chilli's Enchilada soup; if it turns out well, I will post it! Here's the rest of the week though. I didn't get to do my breakfast casserole last week so that has been moved up to this week. Still have all the ingredients for it so that is one less meal to worry about!


CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE

1.5 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
1/2 large onion chopped
1 small can chopped green chilli's
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C. Sour Cream
1 can milk
8-10 Tortillas
pepper and cumin
2 C. shredded cheese

Boil chicken in a large pot of water; let cool and dice up. Place in large mixing bowl. Add diced onions and can of green chilli's. Season with pepper and cumin. Mix in the soups, milk and sour cream. Cut tortillas into quarters. Spray bottom of casserole dish (11x13) with non stick cooking spray. Place a layer of tortillas in to cover entire bottom. Spoon chicken mixture over tortillas and spread. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat layers top layer should be chicken mixture. Place in oven at 350 for 30 min. Add remaining cheese and bake an extra 8-10 min. (To change this variation, add salsa or a packet of taco seasoning with the soup mixture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment